måndag 3 maj 2021

Guest Designer Natalie Elphinstone - Drakar

  

“Hi my name is Natalie Elphinstone
 and I live right down on the south coast of Australia - essentially the other side of the world from you! I’m kept very busy during my days as a mum to four amazing kids as well as working full time as an Obstetrician, helping other people have children of their own. But when all is quiet (shhh.... that’s a forbidden word!) I love nothing more than sitting at my craft desk and getting a little creative. I currently design for Sizzix as well as an Aussie stamp company called Uniquely Creative. You can follow me on my crafty Instagram account at @natalieelph, (or my birthing page @drnatalieelphinstone if you’re interested in that sort of thing!) 

Thank you for inviting me to join alongside your amazing Design Team here this month. I hope I can inspire you to try something new.”

*********************

Hej jag heter Natalie Elphinstone 
och jag bor ner efter den Australiensiska sydkusten - egentligen på andra sidan världen mot för er! Jag har sett till att ha haft fullt upp mina dagar som mamma till fyra underbara barn samtidigt som jag jobbar heltid som förlossningsläkare, hjälper andra att få egna barn. Men när allt är tyst och lugnt (sshh.. det är ett förbjudet ord!) då älskar jag, mer än något annat, att sitta vid mitt pysselbord och vara lite kreativ. Just nu är jag designer för Sizzix och även ett Australiensiskt företag som heter, Uniquely Creative. Du kan följa mig på mitt pyssel-Instagramkonto @natalieelph, (och även på mitt konto för förlossningar @drnatalieelphinstone, om du är intresserad av det!)

Tack för att ni bjöd in mig att vara här tillsammans med ert fantastiska Designteam. Jag hoppas jag kan inspirera er att testa något nytt.



Dragon Fire” by Natalie Elphinstone

For this card I was inspired by the sentiment in the “Dragon” stamp set that says ‘if you can’t take the heat, don’t tickle the dragon’ to make a fiery background!

I did that by using a variety of stencils, and keeping my ink colour choices to yellow, red and orange. I added Gold Nuvo drops to represent some sparks, and for a bit of added texture.

Next I stamped my dragon onto watercolour paper with permanent black ink, and used sparkly watercolour inks to colour him in. The glitter and shine on this is amazing! Hard to photograph, but in real life is spectacular! When it was dry I cut it out and used foam tape to adhere it onto the front of the card.

The sentiment banner came about when I couldn’t decide if I wanted a white embossed sentiment on black card, or a black sentiment stamped onto vellum. I tried out both versions before deciding I would actually layer the vellum sentiment on top of the white-embossed one which creates a very cool kind of shadow effect!

Love when happy little creative ‘accidents’ like that happen!  

***************

Dragon Fire av Natalie Elphinstone.

 Jag blev inspirerad av texten till det här setet ," If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon", att göra den här eldiga bakgrunden.

Jag gjorde den med några olika stenciler och några eldiga färger som gul, röd och orange. Jag lade till några droppar av guldfärgad Nuvo Drops för att få lite glitter och textur.

 Sedan stämplade jag min drake på akvarellpapper och färglade med glimrande  vattenfärger. Glittret och skimret är fantastiskt men det är som vanligt svårt att få med på bild. När draken torkat fäste jag den med foamtejp på kortet. 

Textbannern kom till då jag testade mig fram vad som passade bäst. Till slut beslutade jag mig för att fästa min vellumtext ovanpå den vitembossade vilket gav en väldigt cool skuggeffekt.

Jag älskar när den här sortens kreativa "olyckor" händer!




Material:


Natalie xx

Inga kommentarer: